2021-2022 Club Season
2021-2022 Volleyball Season Tryouts
For the 2021-2022 season, we will offer teams in 7 different age groups. We will have cuts for our 13U-16U age groups because we will have more players trying out than we do spots on a team. Players who are at Driven for mini club or last club season are not guaranteed a spot on a team. Regular club is separate and different from mini club, and players might be placed with different groups or cut for club season based on tryouts. This is not ideal for us, but it is the reality and we want to be transparent. We will only have one Teal team for each of the 14U-16U age divisions this season and no developmental Navy teams for these age groups.
We get asked often why our tryouts are later than other clubs in Central Florida. We believe there should be ample time between the end of season in May and tryouts in October (September for our older teams) for players to take some time off, train, develop, etc. before beginning another season. Since we don’t start practices until the first week in November, there is no rush for us to have early tryouts. FL Region is one of only a handful regions within USAV that has tryouts over the summer directly after club seasons end.
All tryouts will take place at FFCC:
- Saturday, September 11th 10:00am-11:30am: 16 Teal Tryouts
- Saturday, September 17th 10:00am-11:30am: 15 Teal Tryouts
- Friday, October 1st 5:00-6:30pm: 14 Teal Tryouts
- Tuesday, October 12th 5:00-7:00pm: 13 Teal, Navy, and possibly White Tryouts
- Thursday, October 14th 5:00-6:30pm: 11 Teal and Navy Tryouts
- Thursday, October 14th 5:00-6:30pm: 12 Teal and Navy Tryouts
- Friday, October 15th 5:00-6:30pm: 10 Teal and Navy Tryouts
What age do I try out for?
- 10 & Under- Born on or after July 1, 2011
- 11 & Under – Born on or after July 1, 2010
- 12 & Under – Born on or after July 1, 2009
- 13 & Under – Born on or after July 1, 2008
- 14 & Under – Born on or after July 1, 2007
- 15 & Under – Born on or after July 1, 2006
- 16 & Under- Born on or after July 1, 2005
Check-in: 30 minutes prior to start time
Faith Family Community Church
305 Beulah Road, Winter Garden, FL 34787
There is a $70 non-refundable registration fee to register for tryouts. If you register before October 1st, registration is $55. If you register after October 1st, it is $70. We are currently updating our Club Handbook and Tuition page and will have this posted sometime in June.
Steps to Complete Prior to Tryouts
- Read Driven Volleyball Club Handbook– Updated version coming in June.
- Purchase an AAU Membership ($14) – must have in order to tryout.
- Complete AND notarize the USAV Medical Release Form.
- Bring in a copy of birth certificate or passport (for NEW regular club season athletes only). We do not keep birth certificate, we confirm age and birthdate, which is standard across ALL USAV and AAU clubs.
- Register and pay the non-refundable $55/$70 registration fee here.
We are a member club of the Florida Region of USA Volleyball. As a player you may stop any unwanted contact from a club representative simply by asking (either verbally or in writing) that all contact cease. Any player believing a club representative of any Florida Region Volleyball club has been intimidating, harassing, or acted inappropriately in any manner of contact or recruiting should contact the Florida Region office at (352)-742-0080.