2022-2023 Club Season
2022-2023 Volleyball Season Tryouts
For the 2022-2023 season, we will offer teams in 7 different age groups. We will have cuts for our 13U-17U age groups because we will have more players trying out than we do spots on a team. Players who are at Driven for mini club or last club season are not guaranteed a spot on a team. Regular club is separate and different from mini club, and players might be placed with different groups or cut for club season based on tryouts. This is not ideal for us, but it is the reality and we want to be transparent. We will only have one Teal team for each of the 15U, and 17U age divisions, and potentially 13U as well, this season and no developmental Navy teams for these age groups. 14U will have a 14 Teal and 14 Navy team and both will compete in same tournaments with 2-3 tournaments being overnight.
We get asked often why our tryouts are later than other clubs in Central Florida. We believe there should be ample time between the end of season in May and tryouts in October (August/September for our older teams) for players to take some time off, train, develop, etc. before beginning another season. Since we don’t start practices until the first week in November, there is no rush for us to have early tryouts.
Club Tuition located in bottom of Club Handbook.– Check back July 15th for updated tuition!
All tryouts will take place at FFCC:
- Friday, August 8th 7:00-9:00pm: 17 Teal Tryouts
- Friday, August 8th 7:00-9:00pm: 15 Teal Tryouts
- Friday, September 23rd 6:30-8:30pm: 14 Teal and Navy Tryouts
- Tuesday, October 11th 5:00-6:30pm: 10 Teal Tryouts
- Tuesday, October 11th 6:30-8:00pm: 13 Teal Tryouts
- Thursday, October 13th 5:00-6:30pm: 11 Teal and Navy Tryouts
- Thursday, October 13th 6:30-8:00pm: 12 Teal and Navy Tryouts
What age do I try out for?
- 10 & Under- Born on or after July 1, 2012
- 11 & Under – Born on or after July 1, 2011
- 12 & Under – Born on or after July 1, 2010
- 13 & Under – Born on or after July 1, 2009
- 14 & Under – Born on or after July 1, 2008
- 15 & Under – Born on or after July 1, 2007
- 17 & Under- Born on or after July 1, 2005
Check-in: 30 minutes prior to start time
Faith Family Community Church
305 Beulah Road, Winter Garden, FL 34787
There is a $70 non-refundable registration fee to register for tryouts. If you register before October 1st, registration is $55. If you register after October 1st, it is $70.
Steps to Complete Prior to Tryouts
- Read Driven Volleyball Club Handbook- Handbook will be updated with schedule and pricing by July 15th.
- Purchase an AAU Membership ($14) – must have in order to tryout. Please wait until August 15th to purchase membership for 2022-2023 year.
- Complete AND notarize the USAV Medical Release Form.
- Bring in a copy of birth certificate or passport (for NEW regular club season athletes only). We do not keep birth certificate, we confirm age and birthdate, which is standard across ALL USAV and AAU clubs.
- Register and pay the non-refundable $55/$70 registration fee here.
We are a member club of the Florida Region of USA Volleyball. As a player you may stop any unwanted contact from a club representative simply by asking (either verbally or in writing) that all contact cease. Any player believing a club representative of any Florida Region Volleyball club has been intimidating, harassing, or acted inappropriately in any manner of contact or recruiting should contact the Florida Region office at (352)-742-0080.