Driven Mini Club 2022
Driven Mini Club 2022!
We are adding a NEW program to our 2022 mini club season. Driven is a club focused on teaching the players the fundamentals in a competitive and positive environment. We believe that players should gain a foundation before competing in an abundance of matches/tournaments. The reason for this is that lack of proper training and jumping into an abundance of weekend tournaments, especially for players who have a strong drive to learn but lack athleticism or coordination, leads to poor habits, stunted growth potential, and early burnout. We believe that with the fundamentals and proper training, players of any level and age will be able to continue to grow, learn, and progress in the sport for years to come.
Because of our belief in training, we are TRAINING FOCUSED during mini club season. Mini club season is not an “early club season”. For Driven, mini club is completely separate from club.
The goal of mini club is to give players an opportunity to train with a team while also providing them with focused skill training they might not be able to receive at a team practice because team practices are team and rotational focused. Being able to apply what you learn during skill sessions during practices is something that we know is beneficial and also something players enjoy. Please see below for details regarding the mini club season.
Mini Club for the 2022 season will consist of the following:
Tournament Teams $500 August-October—
- 1 team per age group 10U-13U
- 2 teams only for 14U
- 2 tournaments between August-October
- 10U-12U will also compete in 1-2 Friday League Nights
- ONE 1.5 hour practice per week and ONE 1.5 hour skill training (totaling 3 hours of practice per week)
- Practices will be on same days/times each week and training sessions will be offered on same days/times each week.
League Teams $275 August-October—
- All players not placed on a Tournament Team will be placed with a League Team
- Age groups 10U-14U
- Teams will practice 1 time per week for 1.5 hours and compete in 3 Friday League Nights
- League Nights will be inner club scrimmages and we will place players on teams 1 week prior to scrimmage night
- Optional Add-on of weekly Training Sessions (new starting in August) for Beginners to supplement team practices
What are League Nights?
- 3 Fridays between August-October where players will be grouped by age/level and compete in 1-2 scrimmages per League Night (3-6 total scrimmages for the season)
- Each scrimmage will be Coach lead and focused on teaching players HOW to play the game during an actual game
- Meant to be educational and foundational
Mini Club Ages:
We will have teams for ages 7-14 with players being grouped by age and ability level. The focus for our younger mini club teams is to create a foundation of basic volleyball skills while learning the game in a fun and healthy environment. For our older and experienced mini club teams, we will focus on continuing training and developing skills to enhance their ability on the court, as well as master the fundamentals of volleyball to supplement middle school seasons and prepare for club season.
Season Start and End Date:
Week of August 16th-mid October
- **FULL** Waitlist Only-10U- Born on or after July 1, 2012 (2nd-4th Grade): August 11th- 5:00-6:00pm
- **FULL** Waitlist Only-11U- Born on or after July 1, 2011 (primarily 5th Grade): August 11th- 5:00-6:00pm
- **FULL** Waitlist Only- 12U- Born on or after July 1, 2010 (primarily 6th Grade): August 11th- 7:00-8:00pm
- **FULL** Waitlist Only- 13U- Born on or after July 1, 2009 (primarily 7th Grade): August 12th- 5:00-6:15pm
- **FULL** Waitlist Only-14U- Born on or after July 1, 2008 (primarily 8th Grade): August 11th- 6:00-7:15pm
Placement Day is mandatory and will have a $15 non-refundable registration fee. We will not take any requests for players to play in a certain age division, with certain friends, or with carpool friends. Players should attend the tryout above based on their birth date, not grade level.
Placement Day will be held at 305 Beulah Road, Winter Garden, FL 34787 inside Faith Family Community Church.
If you are unable to attend Placement Day due to pre-scheduled summer travel, you must register and contact Amanda Serpa directly at firstname.lastname@example.org before August 1st. Registration will close on August 1st and will not reopen.
Practices/skill sessions will begin the week of August 15th.
Faith Family Community Church
305 Beulah Rd
Winter Garden, FL 34787
Tournament Teams will compete in 2 tournaments. League Teams will compete in 3 Friday League Nights.
Mini Club Fee:
The cost for this mini club season is $500 for tournament teams and $275 for league teams, plus a non-refundable $15 registration fee. *AAU Membership is not included in fees and must be purchased separately by August 15th.
Fee will include:
- All practices/trainings
- Tournaments if applicable
- 1 jersey
- 2 practice shirts (1 shirt for League Teams)
- 1 spandex
- $250 (tournament teams) or $137.50 (league teams) due August 15th and September 15th
- If paying by debit or credit card, a 3% fee will be added and automatic payment form should be completed upon commitment and a card will be put on file for each mini club payment. Individual invoices are no longer an option.
- Zelle and check options are also available.
Registration for mini club is a first come, first served registration. Once we are at capacity for each age group, we will close registration. Registration will close August 1st regardless of number of sign ups.
We are a member club of the Florida Region of USA Volleyball. As a player you may stop any unwanted contact from a club representative simply by asking (either verbally or in writing) that all contact cease. Any player believing a club representative of any Florida Region Volleyball club has been intimidating, harassing, or acted inappropriately in any manner of contact or recruiting should contact the Florida Region office at (352)-742-0080.